Certified Play Therapist
about Play Therapy
The play therapy room provides your child with an engaging, sensory and highly relational experience through the safe containment, attunement and co-regulation that the therapist provides. The symbolic nature of play makes it a safe way to address issues that may be impacting on your child’s life and develop the essential life skills that potentiates your child’s future
Kinds of Issues That Can Be Addressed Through Play Therapy
|ADHD||Divorce / Seperation|
|Abuse of any type||Sensory Processing Disintegration|
|Autism Spectrum Disorders||Social Exclusion|
|Communication Problems||Trauma Implicit / Explicit|
|Delayed Development||Social Withdrawal|
From time-to-time group sessions will be offered to cater for children of similar age and presenting issue.
Referrals can be made by parents by contacting me by phone or email.
Covid-19 compliant with government guidelines
- Blended experience of therapeutic education through my work with children in special needs education especially neurodiverse conditions such as Sensory Processing Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorders from early years through to sixth class
- Working as an Early Years Educator I was adept at identifying early signs of aberrant childhood development and seamlessly implement strategies to obviate downstream childhood problems through fun neuro-motor activities; therapeutic stories and communicating with parents and work colleagues.
- Voluntary experience setting up social respite play groups for parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders and toy and educational resource library
- Having qualified as a Registered General Nurse and Registered Midwife I have extensive experience in the public and private health services in Ireland, England and Australia.
- Working as a community health nurse I was part of a multidisciplinary team working collaboratively in a variety of community specialist settings; schools, palliative and oncology care, bereavement and neuro rehabilitation.
The Therapeutic Toolkit
The Therapeutic Toolkit comprises a range of resources that enable the child to engage with these transformative processes PLUS the presence of trusting therapeutic relationship :
|Messy play clay; slime; play dough; water; sludge||Arts and crafts|
|Puppetry||Sand tray play|
|Socio dramatic role play||Music|
|Therapeutic stories||Blocks/construction eg LEGO™|
Get in Touch
Where To Find Us
43 Castlegrove East, Upper Thomas Street, Knockthomas, Castlebar, F23 Y597